Powered by Blogger.

angels and ice cream

 Friday, May 20, 2011

My apologies for neglecting all you faithful readers.


All two of you.

I was gone for 15 days! And didn't really do anything the whole time, except take a few punches in the coupon world. But we'll get to that in due time.

Anyway. I'm back. With no new pics.

. . .

Is there an award for the worst blogger ever? Pretty sure I just won the nomination.

Let's do a list. I've seen those on blogs I like, so it must be the thing to do, right? (Don't answer that if I'm sadly mistaken. I can't take it.)

1. The Blue Angels. They're here. They arrived Wednesday and have been practicing every afternoon since for the air show on Saturday and Sunday, disrupting naptime all over this town. We aren't going for the following three reasons: a.) It's too loud and too long. I believe the schedule is from 9-5? I mean good grief, people. b.) We don't pay for air shows. It's an AIR show. This means we can park up on the mountain and see the whole thing for free. Which we plan to do, by the way. c.) Even if the parking and watching thing doesn't work out, we've seen quite a display during their practices already. So.

2. I had some fun dumpster-diving last week with a friend. Yes, really. I think I'll elaborate on that in a separate post, though, so stay tuned.

3. I was baptized Sunday night, and my husband and I became official members of our awesome church. We couldn't be happier. Sometimes (actually most of the time) I don't think God brought us to Lynchburg for Mr. E's job or even to get free tuition for Mr. E while he finishes his M.Div. I think it was to place us in our church, where we have grown so much spiritually in this past year. No matter who speaks -- our senior pastor, executive pastor, youth pastor, guest speaker, WHOEVER -- we always leave feeling challenged and changed and ready to do something for our Lord. Even the women's Bible study grabs my heart every. single. time. It is a wonderful experience and we are so fortunate to be part of such a great community. Of course the friends we have made as a result are great, too. :)

4. There was a house fire on our street last Sunday morning. Two people died. It was alarming and unsettling. Perhaps I will elaborate on that more in another post, as well.

5. We went to Mister Goodies for ice cream tonight, which is quite possibly the best ice cream place in all of central VA. At least in our opinion. They gave Jack-Attack a "baby" cone and he gobbled it up in about three minutes. Definitely taking a video and/or pics next time.

I suppose I'll call it a night. Felt good just to write a little again. I apologize again for the absence. I'm working on it.

I'm sure that makes all two of you feel so much better!

The end. Good night, folks.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP